Полная версия документа [eng
The course is designed for learners who have some prior training and experience in conventional
classroom education and can be completed in a face-to-face training workshop or as an independent
distance education (DE) course and will require approximately 36 hours to complete. The course will
introduce participants to a number of important themes that are relevant for developing society
- DE concept, its development and the role of ICTs in DE;
- functions of distance teaching and corresponding organizational types with special emphasis on
the implications for ICTs;
- DE system components and consequent demands associated with ICTs and developing DE courses;
- requirements for teaching in different DE systems with special emphasis on the effective
integration of ICTs;
- what is known about DE learners covering important research on distance learning and ICTs;
- issues that relate to DE policy and the application of ICTs in this form of education.
The course represents a valuable addition to the range of resources available for skills
development in DE. Its focus on a developing society combined with a responsible and well-founded
approach to ICTs in DE will certainly support the training of a cadre of DE professionals.